Bradley Davis Barbin focuses his practice to business and criminal litigation in the Federal Courts. Attorney Barbin has experience across the country with a current focus in Ohio.
Bradley Davis Barbin knows the best litigators are involved in a case right from the start, unraveling complicated issues before a case ever gets to a courtroom.
Bradley Barbin is a trial attorney with more than 30 years’ experience handling complex federal and state criminal matters and associated administrative licensing. As a former federal and state prosecutor, he has the experience to recognize the legal issues and find creative solutions to complex problems.
Some lawyers approach a client’s case by looking at how it is similar to other cases. Mr. Barbin knows that every situation is unique and looks at how a client’s circumstances are different. Working with the client he builds a unique defense for each situation. It’s why relationships matter. When a client’s professional license, business and reputation are in jeopardy, Bradley Barbin can make a difference for you.
AVOID TROUBLE BY GETTING LEGAL GUIDANCE FROM AN EXPERIENCED TRIAL ATTORNEY
Barbin Law is not “one size fits all” representation.
A face-to-face meeting and analysis of the issues provides an opportunity for both lawyer and client to see if they can work together to find solutions.
Barbin Law is a boutique law practice that delivers high-quality service to select clients.
By accepting a limited number of cases, the client relationship and the best possible outcome for the client is our priority.
Complex regulation and compliance can lead to trouble for professionals.
Failing to understand the intricate nature of regulation and compliance can lead to trouble that can spiral into criminal charges.
The sooner a client reaches out with concerns, the greater range of options available to resolve your issue.
With 30 years of experience as a former federal and state prosecutor, Bradley Davis Barbin can identify potential issues and guide a client.
If Barbin Law is not the best fit for your situation, we maintain a strong and ethical network of business, investigative and legal professionals. We can access that network to connect you with the people who can serve you best. We never provide a referral fee and we never take a referral fee when a case is referred to us. You can rest assured that any referral is based on matching the best experience and skills of the attorney with the client’s needs.
About Attorney Barbin
Over the course of Mr. Barbin’s 30-year legal career,
he has served as a federal and state prosecutor and a criminal defense trial attorney for private clients.
Bradley D. Barbin
Bradley Davis Barbin holds Martindale Hubbell’s Highest Rating Award (AV).
The Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings system is based on the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary, including both those who are rated and those who are not. Martindale-Hubbell representatives conduct personal interviews to discuss lawyers under review with other members of the Bar. In addition, confidential questionnaires are sent to lawyers and judges in the same geographic location and/or area of practice as the lawyer being rated. Members of the Bar are instructed to assess their colleague’s legal ability and general ethical standards.
Bradley Barbin is an Ohio Super Lawyer 2009 – 2017; Top 50 in Columbus in White Collar Criminal Law Practice.
Super Lawyer is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
Additionally, Brad Barbin’s legal experience includes:
- Principal, Barbin Law, Inc., a firm focused on white collar criminal defense litigation since 2008.
- Partner, Maguire and Schneider, LLP in Columbus, OH, handling complex federal criminal trials and several high-profile criminal appeals, 2005 -2008.
- Served as Assistant United States Attorney, Southern District of Ohio, Columbus, OH, under U.S. Attorneys D. Michael Crites and Edmund A. Sargus, Jr. from 1989-1995.
- Served as Assistant United States Attorney, Western District of Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, PA, under U.S. Attorney J. Alan Johnson from 1983 – 1989.
- Associate Attorney at Gleason, Di Francesco, Shahade and Markovitz in Johnstown, PA. focused on criminal defense.
- Served as Ohio Criminal Justice Director for Ohio Attorney General Betty D. Montgomery from 1995-2000.
- Served as the Special Counsel to the Florida Attorneys General Robert Butterworth, Richard Doran and Charlie Crist from 2000-2005 handling complex consumer protection actions as the lead lawyer in several multi-state actions for the National Association of Attorneys General.
Honors & Awards
Attorney Barbin is recognized by his peers and the legal community for outstanding service.
- Top 50 Lawyers in Columbus (current)
- Ohio Super Lawyer, White Collar Criminal Defense (2009-2017)
- Ohio Environmental Council Annual Litigation Award (2008)
- Featured on NBC’s Dateline for the reversal of a high profile murder case (2008)
- Appointed to United States District Court, Southern District of OH Civil Justice Reform Advisory Committee
- Two Department of Justice, Special Achievement Awards
- Former President, Columbus, OH Chapter of the Federal Bar Association
- Named to Ohio State Bar Association Jury Instruction Committee
- Former Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy at The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law
- Guest Lecturer, Capital University School of Law
- Guest Lecturer, Columbus Bar Association
- Guest Lecturer, Ohio Attorney General Training Program
- Guest Lecturer, Oklahoma Trial Attorneys Association
- Guest Lecturer, Attorneys Information Exchange Group
- Ohio Attorney General’s Annual Law Enforcement Conference (1995-1999)
In the News
Brad Barbin handles federal and state criminal matters as well as administrative licensing matters.
52 West Whittier Square
Columbus, OH 43206
T: 614 445 8416
Fax: 614 445 9487
Please send all media and speaking requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask a Question
Feel free to share your thoughts or ask a question. Please keep in mind that this is a public forum and attorney-client privilege will not apply. Time-sensitive or private questions are not appropriate. No cases are accepted via this electronic format. Requesting information from Attorney Barbin in this forum does not create an attorney-client relationship. The decision to take on legal representation is a formal matter which requires a face-to-face consultation and a written agreement outlining the responsibilities of both attorney and client.